Please visit here for more frequent updates.
June 2, 2020
June 2020 SCS Letter for Families from Ms. Tanner
SCS Summer Program Alert! SCS Summer Program Closed Until At Least 6/29 per Governor Baker
THE SCS SUMMER PROGRAM is part of our school. We are disappointed but as you know, Governor Charlie Baker issued an emergency order extending the closure of all public and private schools through the end of the school year until June 29, 2020 in an effort to prevent the further spread of COVID-19 in the Commonwealth. And so, our SCS Summer Program will NOT OPEN on June 15th as we had hoped. The first two Summer Program Sessions are cancelled. Please know that absolutely no funds for the SCS SUMMER PROGRAM will be debited from the accounts of SCS families within the FACTS TUITION MANAGEMENT system for Summer Program Fees unless we are able to open the program. Additionally, we will not do so until confirming with individual families that your family would still like your child to attend the SCS Summer Program. We await news from Governor Baker regarding the possibility of reopening school programming in July & August. If Governor Baker allows us to reopen in July, our Summer Program will open in July if we are able to do so safely in accordance with guidelines from the CDC and the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. We promise to let families know when we receive new information. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Nurse Maiona is chairing our SCS COVID-19 RESPONSE TEAM! She is going to work together with representatives from the School Administration, Faculty & Staff and Families to outline all steps that will occur in order for SCS to re-open safely in September, 2020 in accordance with CDC and Massachusetts guidelines. The team will help us to define and communicate the plan. Please know though that we currently await the Draft Covid-19 Response Plan Guidance from Massachusetts. (Associate Superintendent, Dr. Gina Matthews from the Catholic Schools Office sits on the Department of Education Committee and let us know on Thursday, 5/21, that the Recommendations for Schools in Massachusetts are expected to be approved by Governor Baker in June and will then be released to schools.) In the meanwhile, we are reviewing Draft Plans already released from other states in order to have a baseline to begin to create our SCS COVID-19 Response Draft Plan. Please email Nurse Maiona with any questions.
Communication on Our Revised 2019/20 Volunteer Policy
If your SCS family COMPLETED YOUR 32 Volunteer Hours for 2019-20, THANK YOU! Your Volunteer Fee will roll over to next year. If your child is graduating or withdrawing from our school and school tuition balance is paid in full, please know that you will receive your Volunteer Fee Refund by June 30th. Some families have graciously already offered to donate their Volunteer Fee Refund back to SCS! Thank YOU!!!
If your SCS Family COMPLETED SOME of the 32 Volunteer Hours for the 2019-20 school year, your Volunteer Fee will roll over to next year. If your child is graduating or withdrawing from our school and school tuition balance is paid in full, please know that you will receive your Volunteer Fee Refund by June 30th. Some families have graciously already offered to donate their Volunteer Fee Refund back to SCS! If so, THANK YOU!
If your SCS Family PAID the Volunteer Fee and did not plan on doing the volunteer hours, you are all set and we THANK YOU! If you paid the volunteer fee for 2019-20 and your child is returning to SCS for 2020-21, we are so grateful! Please know that we will bill you for the 2020-21 Volunteer Fee in October, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Canniff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 19, 2020
April 27, 2020
April 23, 2020
Please click the links below for the COVID-19 Remote Learning Plans for each grade (Updated 4/24/20)
*Please see Week at a Glance for daily live learning Zoom schedule*
April 22, 2020
In accordance with Governor Baker’s mandatory school closure, Saint Catherine of Siena School will remain closed through the end of the school year.
Remote learning will continue.
March 13, 2020
Message from Ms. Tanner RE: COVID-19 and School Closing
Please know that we just received an email from the Superintendent of Schools Thomas Carroll closing all RCAB School through 3/27. We look forward with hope to opening on Monday, 3/30. Please see the statement below.
Please know that our SCS teachers have a remote learning plan that is being shared with you today. We absolutely hope to work in partnership with you during this time to support your child’s continued growth across all learning domains. Thank you for your patience as the teachers, Mrs. Noah and I work to roll out this new plan to you for students age 3 to Grade 8. We know that these learning opportunities will not replace classroom instruction but will work together with you to make certain that our SCS students retain the knowledge they have already gained and continue their academic growth.
As always, thank you for sharing your amazing child with SCS. We feel so lucky and blessed to know your child and family. Again, we are tremendously grateful for your partnership, patience, and prayers as we in the Norwood community work through this challenging time together. Please continue to keep all those affected and those treating them in your prayers.
In response to the COVID-19 outbreak and after conferring with Cardinal Seán, all Archdiocese of Boston parish schools and Archdiocesan elementary and high schools will be closed for two weeks from Monday, March 16 through Friday, March 27. On an ongoing basis, we will consider whether this period needs to be extended further.